Without any publicity, Joomla has become a rage among the community of web designers/developers, and has swept the web. So much so, that because of its immense popularity Joomla won the Packt Publishing Content Management System Award in the years 2006 and 2007 successively. Joomla meaning ‘all together’ in Swahili, is an open source CMS that is built on the powerful PHP platform. Completely doing justice to its name, Joomla has the powerful and magical tools to transform your website into a dynamic one and a feast for the eyes. Joomla has a definite advantage over several other CMS software available on the web. Despite having powerful tools for managing and publishing content on the World Wide Web and its intranets, yet Joomla has amazingly simple and functional interface that does not depend entirely on one’s coding skills.
As a matter of fact, you can widely use Joomla’s dexterous content management resources that are convenient even for nonprofessionals or beginners. This means that you don’t need to be a technical genius to manage and operate the Joomla applications. Apart from having powerful yet resilient features, Joomla is an open source CMS which proves to be both lucrative and cost effective for you. This means that licensing fees are not required and you only need to pay a nominal amount for the actual developing services.
How you can reap the many benefits of Joomla
- Choice of good vendors/developers: Utilizing Joomla’s ‘free’ open source status, if you decide to design in-house software by exploiting the resources of the Joomla framework, you are not restricted to any third party developing firm. This leaves you free work with the developer or vendor of your preference. Think smart – start using Joomla before any dispute arises with your designing firm.
- Ease of Editing: Joomla makes it possible for you to work comfortably, from either the comforts of your home or from your office, or in fact, from anywhere. The choice is yours. Content may be edited or text and images may be uploaded with the help of any browser or even your iphone or ipad!
- Economical: Being a ‘free’ Open Source CMS, the software is readily available on the internet free of cost. You do not need to pay the licensing fees. You just pay a nominal amount for the developing services.
- Effortless installation: Joomla can be easily configured and installed on any server which is supported by MySQL and PHP Scripting language.
- User-friendly: Joomla is extremely easy to use. Even a non-technical person having no prior experience is able to edit, manage, or update the content on the website.
- SEO-friendly: Joomla provides numerous URLs that are search-engine friendly. This is one of the reasons for the popularity of Joomla.
- Wealth of extensions: This is yet another good characteristic of Joomla. Extensions provide additional functionality to a website and Joomla has a variety of extensions. Theses extensions can be installed in a Joomla website.
At Smartime, we make a good use of this award-winning tool for developing or maintaining your website. Our designing/developing teams are very well conversant in developing and supporting websites constructed with the Joomla CMS and many other open source technologies.
We are confident that once you start working on Joomla with us at Smartime, you will be completely satisfied and happy with the end result. Apart from that, you’ll become familiar with many other fantastic features of Joomla such as
Multilingual Support and Multiple User Authentications.
We can lend a helping hand in managing your web resources or in developing user-friendly web applications for governing your business or managing your organization resources online. To find out how, please call us at 469.522.3375.